Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Why I Write


All my life I have written.

It has been a healing thing and even as a child I would retire to my room, write a poem and come out feeling renewed as if I had walked on a beautiful beach.

Novels of course take much longer and yet they were for me the same process.

Contrite Hearts my first published novel was written in Sydney in the eighties, a time I personally found difficult because of the conflicting values I saw around me.

Developing my characters in this book empowered me to be strong and cope with this world.

My new novel Redemption Towers had a similar history.

This work was written on Australia's Gold Coast in the nineties as I recovered from breast cancer treatment and waited to see if my employer would give me back my teaching position.

These characters are very different from the Sydney characters of ten years before but in spite of their naughtiness I did come to love them and writing my several pages each day again empowered me at a particularly vulnerable period of my life.

It was only last year I realized how important these books had been to me and began to wonder if others would enjoy them as well.


Purchase links for both novels are available at this link

No comments: